Wednesday 4 February 2009

Mark Dolan Worlds...... and me

Whilst watching a dire merseyside derby in the F.A Cup replay, I flicked around to numb my boredom of what is normally a great game. Mark Dolan who I am familiar with from Balls of Steel and I briefly saw a part of the first in this series - which followed child geniuses. This time Mark was meeting the worlds most enhanced women. Yes you are asking the right question, Why? Well apparently Mark is very interested in the vacuous world of gigantic breast augmentation. Mark wanders along like a kid on a field trip to the natural history museum, gawping in amazment and feighing interest in equal measure. What strikes me most is this is Louis Theroux on valium -  the topics aren't outrageous, he asks questions, but they never provide anything innsightful. He comes across as a nice chap but you are left wondering why he is even there. His background is in comedy, so maybe this is a complete genius show I am not getting, where he is mocking everyone in his films. The one thing he seemed to establish in his closing monologue was that these women were being pushed by men. The epitome of this theory was represented in a very short man with a very large complex, highlight of my viewing was Mark standing opposite short man asking him if he was trying to act out his fantasies. The man who had a permanent scowl may or may not have been amused by this.

No comments: